Thursday, January 19, 2012

Enchilada Layered Casserole

~the farmgirl story~
So, I just discovered this recipe.  We are putting together recipe books in YW for our girls that are seniors this year.  This recipe is from Eloise, the lovely lady I serve with.  So, SO easy.  And I don't remember the last time I fixed something all my kids (minus one) kept eating it until it was gone.  They loved it! And I love that!  No pictures, sorry.

Enchilada Layered Casserole

Brown 1 lb. ground beef together with one chopped onion and one chopped green pepper.  Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Add 1 can tomato soup
1 can water (can use 1/2 can water & 1/2 can salsa)
1 packet taco seasoning

Layer corn or flour soft shell tortillas, meat and grated cheese 3 times.
Bake for 30 min. at 375*.

~farmgirl disclaimer~
I know, amazing that I have a disclaimer when I've only made it once--but I do.  She said this is a really liberal recipe.  I didn't have any tomato soup so I used a can of tomato sauce and omitted the water.  I did add salsa and some refried beans I had in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...whatdcha think??