Tuesday, March 20, 2012

White Spaghetti: Creamy Pesto style.

~ the farmgirl story~
This recipe originated from one of my former YW leaders.  We were staying with her family in her cabin at Bear Lake and she introduced us to White Spaghetti.  Good times, good times.  I made this for my YW a few weeks ago for lunch, it was a hit.  Is that what we call The Circle of Life?
Sorry, no picture.

White Spaghetti
6 Tbl butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
boneless chicken breast or tenders cut up
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 thyme
2 Tbl flour
2 cup milk

Cut up chicken and brown in butter, add the chopped onion and finish cooking.  Remove chicken from the butter and onions- add the flour and the seasonings- stir together and add the milk to make a white sauce.  Add the chicken back into the white sauce. Server over cooked spaghetti.

~the farmgirl disclaimer~
As with pretty much everything I make, I don't do it just like it says to.  That's just how I roll.  I never have onion powder, so I leave that out.  I add a little garlic in when I'm cooking the onions.  In the summer when I have basil coming out the wazoo I make pesto and freeze it in ice cube trays.  I usually add at least two cubes of pesto to this, then making it 'Creamy Pesto White Spaghetti'.  I also add Parmesan cheese to the sauce, just because it seemed like the right thing to do one day and it turns out I really like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...whatdcha think??