Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

~the farmgirl story~
Amanda finds all sorts of fabulous things on Pinterest.  All sorts.  Maybe one day I will actually join, it does look pretty great.  Anyhoo, this recipe came from Amanda via Pinterest.  They are super tasty.  My new favorite Chicken Enchiladas.  In the immortal words of Dora, "Mmmm, delicioso!"


Chicken Enchiladas
cooked, shredded chicken
grated cheese
tortillas 
Mix the chicken and cheese together

Sauce
3 Tbl butter
3 Tbl flour
2 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 can green chillies

Melt the butter, add the flour to make a roux. Pour in the broth and stir until it thickens, add the sour cream and green chillies.  Put some chicken-cheese mixture on a tortilla, pour a little sauce on, roll it up and place it in a 9x13 pan-- repeat until the pan's full.  Pour remaining sauce over the whole thing, top with more cheese, cover and bake at *425 for 20 minutes.
 
 ~the farmgirl disclaimer~
Truthfully, all of the instructions are a disclaimer since I didn't actually write it down. I didn't have any green chillies so I used a little salsa instead.  I also didn't measure the broth. I just used one can of broth, I figured if it was too thick I could just add a little water, but it seemed fine.
These are really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...whatdcha think??