Thursday, January 19, 2012

Natalie's Peanut Butter Bars

~the farmgirl story~
One day last fall I was at my SIL Natalie's house, she had whipped up these delightful little things and shared some with me.  MmmMMmmm.  These are good.  She found the recipe on a bag of Western Family sugar or some such crazy place.  The original recipe is called Scott's Peanut Butter Bars, but we renamed them.


Natalie's Peanut Butter Bars

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips

Icing
1/2 cup powdered sugat
2 Tbl peanut butter
2 Tbl milk

Cream butter & sugars.  Add egg & peanut butter and mix well.  Stir in soda, salt, flour & oats.  Spread in 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press down.  Bake 15-20 mins.  Remove from oven and drizzle with icing.

~the farmgirl disclaimer~
I always need to add more milk to the icing to get it to "drizzle" consistency.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so privileged to be featured on your food blog. Thanks. I love your food. And it is awesome when some comes from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

So...whatdcha think??