Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bean Casserole

~ the farmgirl story~
This is by no means fancy.  Most of my dinner items are not fancy, and a lot of them involve ground beef.  I'm a dairy farmers daughter, lest you forget....beef-it's what's for dinner.  But it is really good.  This recipe is from my mom.  Mike likes to heat the leftovers and put them on a tortilla, roll 'em up and walk out the door.  Super easy lunch.


Bean Casserole
1 lb. ground beef browned & drained
1 can pork & beans
1 can kidney beans
1 Tbl. vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketsup
1 Tbl. mustard
chopped onion to taste

Combine all ingredients together.  Put in 9x13 pan, top with cheese and heat through.

~the farmgirl disclaimer~
I started out making this in a 9x13, but now I just make it in a skillet and heat it on the stove.  Less dishes and time.  Win, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...whatdcha think??