Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Staff of Life Bread

~the farmgirl story~
My mom makes amazing bread. Really, it's awfully good. She's been using the same recipe since forever. It's called Staff of Life Bread, and yes-it is. I could pretty much survive on this stuff. Wait, I already do.

Staff of Life Bread

2 quarts milk -scalded, cooled down and add...
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
1 cup oil
3 tbl. yeast dissolved in 2/3 cup warm water
18 cup flour

Mix all ingredients. Raise 1 hour -punch down- raise additional hour. Put in loaf pans and raise 30 minutes. Bake *400 for 30 minutes.

~the farmgirl disclaimer~
*You may have noticed the gargantuan amount of ingredients....this makes a lot of bread. *When I lived in St. G before I could borrow my mom's mixer I would just cut the recipe way down. *Also, I think the altitude makes a difference, I have much better luck with this bread (well, all breads actually) here than I did down south.

see lots-O-bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...whatdcha think??