Friday, November 18, 2011

Caramel Popcorn

~the farmgirl story~
This recipe has been around longer than I have. The story goes (as I remember it) that shortly after my parents were married my mom made some caramel popcorn for my dad. He thanked her, said it was good and that his mother had a recipe she might like to try. She did, and has never made anything different since. Neither will you. This is THEE best caramel popcorn recipe, ever. I have many happy memories watching my parents make this gooey caramel gold on Sunday evenings. My dad loves his caramel popcorn.


Caramel Popcorn

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup karo syrup
1 cube butter
2 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cook all ingredients, except vanilla, in sauce pan until it just starts to boil. Add vanilla, stir. Pour over popcorn.

~the farmgirl disclaimer~
#1 This makes a lot, so don't skimp on the popcorn. #2 I don't actually have written instructions, basically you just want to cook it long enough for the sugar to dissolve, but not too long--nothing worse than hard popcorn.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I have wanted this recipe since having it at Anne's while watching The Young Victoria! Thanks for sharing some of your fabulous recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this one too. Used to make it all the time. Not so much any more. Probably need to change that.

      Delete

So...whatdcha think??